SHEBANA DEVI MANGOLD is a Berlin (Germany) based Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi artist and Founder & Director of Nātya Berlin - Dance School and Nātya Berlin - Dance Company, promoting and serving the classical Indian performing arts through classes, workshops and performances.
Shebana Devi is a senior disciple of the internationally renowned Gurus “The Dhananjayans” (Bharatanatyam) and Jaikishore & Padmavani Mosalikanti (Kuchipudi) .
She has also been trained in Carnatic music and nattuvangam under the eminent late Guru Bhagavatulu Seetharama Sarma (Founder and Director of Kalapeetham, Chennai).
Since three decades Shebana Devi is performing on stage, mesmerizing the audience with her graceful movements, great control of rhythm and heart touching expressions. She is looking back on numerous Solo and group performances in India and Germany such as:
• Solo performance at the museum of Asian art, Berlin
• Group performances at Sommerfest of the federal president of Germany, Schloss Bellevue Berlin
• Solo performance at the Music Academy Madras, Chennai
• Solo performance at Balatripura Sundari temple, Kuchipudi village
• Solo performance at Natyanjali Festival at Chidambaram
• Group performances for Shivarathri in various temples of Tamil Nadu
• Group performances with her Gurus for various occasions in Chennai and Ooty, Tamil Nadu
• Solo performance at TVG's AIMA Festival during Chennai Margazhi
• Various Solo and group performances for the Indian Embassy Berlin and German-Indian Society e. V.
• Solo Performance at ICCR's International Dance Festival, Delhi and Chandigarh
• Duet Performance with Uttiya Barua at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai
• Company Performance at Federal Environment Ministry Berlin
• Company performance at the Federal Foreign Office Berlin
• Solo Performance at TTC, Indian Embassy Berlin
• Bharatanatyam-Kuchipudi-Jugalbandi duet with Vijna Vasudevan at TTC, Indian Embassy BerlinThe premiere production of her Nātya Berlin - Dance Company staged in 2015.
With an experience in teaching of 20 years Shebana Devi Mangold started Nātya Berlin - Dance School. The school offers regular classes, meetups and workshops for students all over Europe with international top artists and presents professinal and studentperformances.